Communicate in Business English. A Short Course for Business Studentsis a reading, speaking and writing course for learners with at least an upper-intermediate level of English and medium level of Economics.
The course aims to:
- introduce some concepts of business and economics found in books, newspapers, magazines, articles etc.
- develop the learner’s comprehension of economics texts
- help the learner to understand business concepts, starting from recent texts taken mostly from The Economist, and reformulating them in his/her own words by summarizing, criticising, analysing ideas
Most of the units are organized such as:
- A reading text on a particular topic, introducing key concepts and vocabulary
- Speaking activities including questions, discussions etc.
- Writing activities including summaries, tasks, brainstorming activities
Also, the varieties of exercises help the reader, not only to improve his/her English knowledge, but also to better know and understand the recent economic events.
The course is constructed around the information provided by the newest articles.
I hope you enjoy using this book
Mara Magda Maftei