Obiectivele cursului /5
1. The Alphabet (plosives, stops, liquids, special sounds, basic spelling and
2. Pronouns and Basic Verbs (practice exercises)
3. Tense: A Basic Review of Tenses. Irregular Verbs. Phrasal Verbs. English Syntax
in a Nutshell.
4. The English Plural. Irregular Plurals. Adjectives vs. Adverbs.
5. Days of the Week. Months. Expressing Time and Duration.
6. The Human Body
7. At the Market: Fruits and Vegetables
8. At the Restaurant: Food and Beverages
9. Expressing Quantity: Countable and Uncountable Nouns.
10. Basic Idiomatic Expressions.
11. A Basic Review on Redundancy. Synonyms
12. The Nuclear Family. Synonyms. Focusing on Structures/ 9
13. The Beginnings of a Great City: New York. Affixation. /14
14. Rights we tend to take for granted... Phrasal Verbs (I)/22
15. Megapolises. Phrasal Verbs (II)/29
16. The Federal Reserve System. Phrasal Verbs (III)/36
17. The Human Memory. Acquiring Structures. Making Inferences and Restating/42
18. The Population of the World. Focusing on Structures. Redundancy. Practice Exercises on Redundancy/47
19. Charles Ives. Idioms and Fixed Expressions: General/53
20. The Nobel Prizes. Idiomatic Expressions: The Six Senses/60
21. Noah Webster. Idioms Connected with Money: Buying, Selling and Paying/66
22. The Wright Brothers. Idioms Connected with Praise and Criticism/73
23. The Noise. Idioms Connected with Beliefs and Opinion/79
24. Horace Mann. Idioms: Personal / Public Finance/85
25. Rainforests. Idioms: Success, Failure, Difficulty/93
26. Geysers. Speaking Skills: Managing a Conversation/100
27. The Fork. Speaking Skills: Negotiating/105
28. Narcolepsy. Writing Skills: Essay Development/109
29. General Review. Preparation for Final Evaluation
30. Final Evaluation Test