Editura Universitara has made a mark on the book market in Romania through its high academic attitude of its publications dedicated to academic education, science, culture as a whole. One of the principles of our activity was represented, from the very beginning, by the constant orientation towards the teachers, the scientists community who ensure, through their efforts, the increasing visibility of the Romanian research in the country and in the world.
The exceptional results that led to all these concerns are demonstrated, among others, by the fact that our publishing house enjoyed in 2006 the CNCSIS accreditation, reconfirmed in the following years, then maintained in 2012 when the University Publishing House was accredited by the National Council of Scientific Research (CNCS). Subsequently, the National Council for Attestation of University Titles, Diplomas and Certificates (CNATDCU), following the evaluations made on the other scientific fields, included the publishing house among the publishing houses with recognized prestige.
Editura Universitara is present in dozens of university libraries, according to the international online catalog WorldCat (www.worldcat.org) and has concluded partnerships with research institutes in Bucharest and in the country.
The same time, we have the quality of membership of the Romanian Association of Publishers (AER), the most prestigious national profile organization.
The extent and diversity of our editing offer is reflected in our more than 200 titles published annually, and in the 18 collections corresponding to the most diverse areas:
History and Politics
Religion and Philosophy
Arts and Multimedia
Sociology and Communication Sciences
International relations and diplomacy
Earth - our home
Legal and administrative sciences
Physical education and sport
Personalities and academic events
We pay a special attention to the process of promoting the scientific quality of our works and for this purpose, we use a diversity of methods, as:
- our own site, www.editurauniversitara.ro, Social media - Facebook, Twitter - and the sites with which we have partnerships
- Constant participation at major book fairs in Bucharest and in the country: Gaudeamus International Fair (Bucharest), Caravan Gaudeamus (Brasov, Constanta, Craiova, Cluj-Napoca, Sibiu, Targu Mures, Timisoara), Bookfest International Fair, National Fair Book Librex (London), Education Fair (Bucharest)
- Organization of seminars, symposia, book exhibitions, book launches (in book fairs, as well as in public and university libraries, as well as the specialized departments, where university - an important and well-represented segment of the publisher);
- Participation in various conferences and congresses and events organized by the Universities of Bucharest and the country (Open Day).
- Participation in civic and cultural activities to promote the quiz books, in which we offered prizes (The search for a star - Antena 1 - Ovidiu Cuncea producer, Urban Reading - campaign initiated by volunteers and supported Civika.ro the Metrorex and newspaper, held at the Metro - November 3., 2009.)
- Opening partnerships with libraries in the country and abroad and keeping constant connection with them by sending catalogs, newsletters, special offers and book donations.
- Distribute books to many libraries and broadcast networks (see also Box Retailers)
- Conducting reviews of books published either on our website or on facebook page.
- Drafting press releases that you post on our website and / or our pages of partners.
Editura Universitara instituted, in 2017, the “CORNELIU TURIANU” AWARD, in memory of prof. Univ. Dr. Corneliu Turianu. The prize is awarded, every year, for the best specialized book published in the collection of Legal and Administrative Sciences, at the University Publishing House.
Editura Universitara Publishing House has an ultramodern printing house, able to edit a book in excellent graphic conditions every 5 minutes. This approach is supported by editors, proofreaders, graphic designers who work here. We print only works that appear under the auspices of the University Publishing House and we do it with seriousness and responsibility.
In the country
Our works are distributed through our own online bookstores, www.editurauniversitara.ro, as well as other bookstores also managed by us, but hosted on the Emag, Cel.ro, Okazii.ro platform.
We have concluded partnerships with 28 virtual bookstores: Librariaonline.ro (788 books), librariadelfin.ro (496 books), carturesti.ro, elefant.ro, eMag.ro, ujmag.ro, librarie.net, esteto.ro, libris .ro, carteata.ro, depozit-de-carti.ro, libhumanitas.ro, hamangiu.ro, portokal.ro, librarie.co, procarti.ro, cartiminunate.ro, 5carti.ro, librarultau.ro, carteamea.ro , universulcartii.ro, 7carti.ro, librariaboema.ro, libraronline.ro, librarie-cartionline.net, carti-bune.ro, cartifrumoase.ro.
We also distribute books in physical bookstores, we work with practically all relevant distributors in the country, such as the Bucharest Bookstore Company, Elefant, Carturesti, Humanitas Bookstores, Hamangiu Bookstores, Librarium Grup
We are constant participants in book fairs and, therefore, we also sell directly.
We distribute books through buchuria.de, as well as on our own website (see https://www.editurauniversitara.ro/livrare).
Recently, we responded to eMag's invitation to list our books and we are very close to starting distribution on the platforms eprice.it (Italy), cdiscount (France), real.de (Germany).
Our books are distributed abroad by Humanitas Libraries, Libris SA, Elefant, Carturesti, through the delivery departments abroad.
To value the presentation and activities, Editura Universitara has been recognized with numerous awards, the most recent of them are:
Editura Universitara has concluded a partnership with CROSSREF, through which it has the right to grant DOI published works, being the first publishing house in the country to obtain this recognition, and aims to continue serving Romanian science, publishing quality scientific papers.
LIBRARIES INDEXING THE SCIENTIFIC BOOK PUBLISHED BY THE UNIVERSITY PUBLISHING HOUSE
Editura Universitara respects the obligation of legal deposit of books, magazines published by us, these being listed on the online platform of the National Library of Romania.
Editura Universitara also respects the obligation of legal deposit for the Metropolitan Library and the recommendation to send copies to the National Library of the Republic of Moldova.
Scientific books and journals are present in hundreds of national and international libraries.
In Romania they are present in:
- Library of the Romanian Academy;
- Central University Libraries;
- Metropolitan Library;
- University libraries;
- County libraries.
Abroad, our works are indexed in KVK and WorldCat databases, being present in libraries:
Bayerische Staatsbibliothek (Bavarian State Library)
Austrian Library Network
University of Bern
Sorbonne University Nouvelle Paris3, France
The contemporary. Library, archives, muse of the contemporary worlds -Nanterre, FRANTA
National Library of the Czech Republic, Cehia
National Library of Portugal, Portugal
German National Library, Germany
National and University Library, Slovenia
Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
British Library, United Kingdom
Cambridge University Library
Harvard College Library, USA
Harvard University Library, USA
Cornell University Library, USA
Stanford University Libraries, USA
Library of Congress, USA
Columbia University Libraries, USA
University of Chicago Library, United States, Illinois
Indiana University, United States, Indiana
University of Washington Libraries, Seattle, United States
University of California, Los Angeles, United States
University of Pittsburgh
Romanian Library of Canada (http://bibliotecaromaneasca.org/) - The University Publishing House is a founding member.
Other libraries, such as:
- Scientific Library of Alecu Ruso - Balti State University
- Andrei Lupan Central Scientific Library of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova
- The Romanian community from Vidin
We believe that all this - and many others – contribute to the faithful interpretation of the role we have taken - that of partner and advisor of you, our readers or collaborators.