Prof. dr. Dr. Nicolae ISAR was born in 1937 in the town Slanic-Prahova.
History graduate of the University of Bucharest in 1962, then teaching in the university, covering all steps of the university, from assistant to full professor (in 1995).
Ph.D. in history in 1973, PhD 1997.
Teacher consultant in October 2007.
Specialist in the modern history of Romania, having as priorities for research and education history of culture, history, etc. institutions.
It is the second prize winner of the Romanian Academy science, "N. Iorga "1985," N. Balcescu ", 1993.
He has published 30 books, over time and over 100 scientific studies and articles in magazines.
Among the books are:
- Romanian publishers and the French cause (1854-1859), 1991 (N. Balcescu Prize of the Romanian Academy on 1993);
- National School of St. Sava and spirit of the age (1818-1859), 1994;
- Romanian principalities in the Age of Enlightenment (1770-1830), 1999 and 2005;
- The modern history of the Romanians. I (1774-1848), 2001 and 2005;
- The modern history of the Romanians. Building national state (1848-1866), 2002;
- The modern history of the Romanians. II. (1848-1878), 2003 and 2005;
- Under the sign of romance. From Prince to writer Simeon G. Bibescu Marcovici, 2003;
- European culture and national spirit. School of Gheorghe Lazar Bucharest University (1818-1864), 2004;
- Romanian Principalities in 1821-1848. Into national revival, 2004;
- Testimonials and French concerns about the Romans. Eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, 2005;
- The history of the 1848 generation. Revolution, exile - historical destiny, 2006;
- The modern history of the Romanians (1774/1784-1918), 2006;
- Under the light signal. Figures of the era from 1821, 2006;
- State-Church relations in modern Romania (1821-1914), 2007;
- Doctrine and debates legislation junimist-conservative Roman Parliament. (1891-1895), 2007;
- Nicolae Iorga in memory defense Prince Alexandru Ioan Cuza, 2007;
- Revolution of 1848 in the Romanian Principalities with a study of his personality in his vision Balcescu N. N. Silberman, 2008;
- The political history of the Romanian Principalities. From Phanariot the national reigns (1774-1829), 2008;
- From Orthodoxy to the national awakening. Life and work of Eufrosin path (1787-1858), 2008.
- Great view of Romanian Nicolae Iorga, 2009
- Romania into modernization. From Alexandru Ioan Cuza to Charles I, 2010
Preface / 5
I. From the ideology of the generation of the era from 1821/7
1. The spiritual profile of the generation of thinkers from the era of 1821/9
2. The cultural movement and the process of asserting the national consciousness / 17
3. The struggle for school and culture in the national language / 23
II. Gheorghe Lazar in Bucharest. From "enlightenment" to national reawakening / 29
III. Two historians, critical observers of the 1821 era, Naum Ramniceanu and Zilot Romanul / 45
IV. N. Rosetti-Roznovanu, a promoter of Lancastrian education in Moldova (1819-1820) / 70
V. Eufrosin Poteca, "our philosopher from Paris". On the edge of his speeches / 79
VI. An unknown Enlightenment: Stolnicul Voicu Perieteanu / 94
ARE YOU COMING. The poet Barbu Paris Mumuleanu - the social-political thinker / 117
VIII. Dinicu Golescu. From the Enlightenment to the critical spirit / 126
IX. Ionica Tautu - a true political thinker / 145
X. Stanciu Capataneanu. From the spirit of the "Lights" to the national idea / 185