This paper, THE FUNDAMENTALS OF ORGANIZATION MANAGEMENT, brings together the essential fund of theoretical knowledge regarding the management of the organization, absolutely necessary to understand and practice a professional management in all types of organizations. The volume provides organizations, especially economic ones, the scientific managerial support for the development of a functional and efficient market economy in Romania, in accordance with the approaches and practices in the European Union and with the requirements of the transition to the knowledge-based economy. Through its elaboration, the authors considered the achievement of the following main objectives:
- presentation of the main fund of knowledge that constitutes the content of the professional management of the organization;
- highlighting the main theoretical elements applicable with priority in the management of the organization in Romania in the conditions of the modern economy;
- making available to managers, entrepreneurs, specialists and students a set of case studies, referring to major components of the organization's management;
- facilitating the formation of a modern managerial concept at the level of managers, entrepreneurs and specialists, necessary for the functioning and development of high-performance and sustainable companies, in the context of accelerating the transition to the knowledge-based economy;
- training and development of rational and effective managerial behaviors in those who participate in management processes.
The volume is structured in seven chapters that deal with basic management issues: process, functions and principles of management, typology and characteristics of the organization, entrepreneurs and managers, the environment of the organization, strategy and policy of the organization, management system and its subsystems - decisional, informational, methodological, structural-organizational and human resources -, organizational culture, creativity and human resource management, managers and leadership.
This volume represents the result of important accumulations and efforts made by the two authors in the last three decades, both in the country and abroad (USA, France, Japan, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Italy, Canada, etc.), being designed in terms of the requirements and specificity of Romanian companies.
The volume is edited in a conception and design corresponding to Western standards, which are likely to facilitate the understanding and perception of the complex concepts and approaches presented and to contribute to familiarizing readers in Romania with the international approach and know-how in this field.
The main beneficiaries of the work are managers and entrepreneurs, economists and engineers from companies, national companies and central and local government structures. Equally, the volume is addressed to students in economic, technical, legal, psychosociological and computer education, who study as a basic or complementary discipline the management of the organization.
Of course, the authors are aware that, despite the intense efforts made, the work is far from perfect. Consequently, we are receptive to the suggestions and constructive observations of the readers, which will be very useful for the next edition.
Finally, we bring our thanks to the publishing house that ensured the publication of this paper that corresponds to the urgent needs of Romanian companies and university education.
Prof. univ. Dr. Ovidiu Nicolescu