It is essential to lose weight and maintain our overweight to adopt a diversified and balanced diet that we can provide at least 50 essential nutrients that the body can not synthesize as follows:
- 9 essential amino acids, constituents of protein: isoleucine, leucine, lysine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine. Children are also essential amino acids cysteine and histidine.
- Fat-soluble vitamins: vitamin. A (retinol), vitamin. D (calciferol), vitamin. E (tocopherol), vitamin. K
- 10 water soluble vitamins: vitamin. B1 (thiamine), vitamin. B2 (riboflavin), vitamin. B3 (niacin, PP), vit. B5 (pantothenic acid), vit. B6 (piridonina), vit. B9 (folic ac.), vit. B12 (cyanocobalamin), vitamin. C (ascorbic ac.), vit. H (biotin)
- 2 series of essential fatty acids: omega 6 (linoleic ac.) and omega 3 (alpha-linolenic ac.), with derivatives: ac. eicosapentaeonic (EPA) and docosaxeaeonic (DHA)
- Mineral: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulfur, iron, zinc, copper, manganese, chromium, selenium, cobalt, fluorine, iodine, molybdenum, germanium, silicon, boron and three electrolytes
Diversified and balanced diet means a balanced intake of protein (meat, milk, eggs, legumes), carbohydrates (whole grains and their derivatives), animal fat, conjugated linoleic acid (LA), monounsaturated fats (omega 9, oil olive), omega-3 polyunsaturated fats (fatty fish, fish oil, flaxseed oil, hemp oil), omega 6 polyunsaturated fats (sunflower oil), vegetables and seasonal fruit, at least half the daily ration of food, that bring active enzymes, vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, antioxidants). All this must be integrated in an active lifestyle, sedentary lifestyle and combating negative thinking.